- Listed: December 31, 2014 10:11 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
A life insurance policy is a big investment. There are many pitfalls on the path that the buyer need to follow, for good coverage and reasonable rates. A little knowledge can pave over some of those pitfalls and make the path much easier to walk. This article presents some good ideas that the life insurance buyer needs to keep in mind.
Do not purchase more life insurance than is necessary for your family’s needs. The higher your coverage is, the higher your premiums will be. A million dollar policy sounds nice, but chances are you’ll never even have to cash it out. Save yourself the money and just choose a policy that covers your needs.
Before you purchase a life insurance policy, be sure to shop around for the best quote. Different companies use different equations to determine what your premiums will be for the same amount of coverage, or may offer different packages allowing you to get more coverage for proportionally less money in premiums.
Research your life insurance policy thoroughly before you sign on the dotted line. Make sure that you are aware of the exclusions, inclusions, discounts, no payment for death caused by a pre-existing disease clauses and other terms of your life insurance policy before committing to it. Without knowing exactly what your policy covers, when you die you could inadvertently leave family members left behind in a difficult position.
Even if your employer offers life insurance, you shouldn’t depend on this policy to meet all your needs. These policies are often fairly limited, and have the disadvantage of not being portable. If you leave your job, you will also leave your life insurance behind, which means you will have to find a new policy to replace it.
You have decided you need a life insurance policy, and figured out how much insurance you need, now you need to figure out what kind of insurance best fits your needs. Currently there are four varieties of life insurance available; variable life, universal life, whole life, and universal life.
It’s a good idea to review your life insurance policy each year to see if it still meets your needs. If you’ve had any big changes in your life such as a new child or the purchase of a home, you may have to modify your policy to reflect your new situation.
By improving your health, you will be able to get lower premiums for your life insurance. Healthier people are often rewarded for their lifestyle in the form of substantial discounts in their insurance policies.
Be careful that you read the fine print on any insurance policy. A lot of policies containing clauses that state the insurance company can raise your rates for anything from a minor discrepancy to no reason whatsoever. They’ve been doing this for years, so make sure you don’t fall victim to it.
When shopping around for a life insurance policy, be aware that certain occupations and hobbies are considered risky and can increase your premium. Some of these occupations include commercial fishing, logging, helicopter or airplane piloting, and roofing. Even a business executive position can be considered risky if it requires you to travel to certain perilous countries. Hobbies that are considered hazardous to your health include hang-gliding, parachuting, skiing, and motorcycling. Make sure to disclose this information to prevent your claim from being denied if the insurance company decides to investigate it.
Choose permanent life insurance if you want to build cash value. Building cash value in a life insurance policy helps you have additional cash for the future. The insured can borrow the cash value at a low interest rate. They can also use it to pay the premiums. The cash grows tax-free, and some financial planners recommend it as a way to cover estate taxes as part of a comprehensive financial plan.
Because you are providing for your dependents in case of tragedy, you owe it to your family to do your research when you buy life insurance. Life insurance only pays out in tragic situations. You can help ameliorate the pain by learning all you can about life insurance and ensuring that your beneficiaries feel satisfied by the policies you select.
209 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Haynie Amber
- Member Since: October 28, 2014
Other items listed by Haynie Amber
- Tips To Do Your Homework Before Buying A Life Insurance
- The Ins And Outs Of Life Insurance
- Helpful Hints For Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Guidelines That Are Easy To Understand
- Life Insurance Tips And Tricks: Better Coverage And Lower Premiums
Popular Ads Overall
- Suggestions That Could Help You Save Money On Your Way Of Life Insurance Policies (3593 views)
- Some Suggestions On Purchasing Insurance Coverage (3323 views)
- Guidance And Recommendations On Picking The Best Life Insurance Coverage (2707 views)
- SARANG303.COM AGEN BOLA SBOBET IBCBET CASINO 338A TANGKAS TOGEL ONLINE INDONESIA TERPERCAYA (2667 views)
- Current Tips On Getting The Proper Life Insurance (2476 views)
- Receive The Best Insurance Coverage Policy Insurance Using These Ideas (2463 views)
- My First Classified Ad (1644 views)
- Tante Cantik Lagi Pegang Toketnya Yang Gede (1126 views)
- BUAHPOKER.COM AGEN POKER DOMINO ONLINE UANG ASLI INDONESIA TERPERCAYA TANPA ROBOT (1043 views)
- GLOBALBOLA.COM AGEN BOLA ONLINE SBOBET IBCBET TERBAIK TERBESAR DAN TERPERCAYA DI INDONESIA (873 views)